Thursday, June 30, 2016

Ironman 70.3 Coeur d'Alene Race Report - Skye Moench

In case you missed it, local pro Skye Moench took on CDA 70.3 this past weekend... check out her report!


Racing in the pro field this year has been a wonderful and challenging experience, and one I have absolutely loved. If you want to realize how not tough and not fast you actually are, and how much better you need and want to be, I recommend you give it a try :). This year I am truly learning how to race. I know how to swim, bike, and run; I know how to train hours and hours every week; I know how to fuel, recover, and hit targets during key workouts, but knowing all of this doesn’t matter if I don’t know how to race. I am realizing more and more that learning how to race is something I will always be doing, and it’s an exercise that mostly goes on in my head. I am doing the training and will continue to build fitness and get stronger with time, so I have to make sure I’m mentally committed to executing and putting the hours of training to work on race day. I’m talking about committing to the pain, the suffering, and the discomfort of pushing your mind and body to the limit. It’s something that takes practice and unwavering focus.

Coeur d’Alene (CdA) 70.3 was working out to be a race I was really excited for. Everyone kept talking about how great the course is and how beautiful the venue is (and they were right!). I was coming off a taste of success by placing top ten in St. George, and I certainly wanted to keep that success going.


So how'd she do?? Continue reading on skyemoench.com!







No comments:

Post a Comment